Aberfeldy is a Scottish distillery founded in 1898 by the Dewar brothers, in the town of Aberfeldy (Perth and Kinross) who had already started building the necessary buildings in 1896. The production capacity of the distillery is 2,1 million liters per year. The distillery has been closed several times in its history due to a lack of barley. The first time was in 1917, when the supply was disrupted during the First World War. The distillery was reopened in 1919. In 1925, the company merged with Buchanan's and Johnnie Walker under the name The Distillers Company (DCL). In 1942 the distillery was closed for a second time because of a shortage of barley, this time due to the outbreak of the Second World War. The company reopened in 1944. In 1972, the production capacity was doubled by the installation of two distilling kettles. In 1998 the company got its original name back, John Dewar & Sons Ltd, after which it introduced the twelve-year-old single malt Aberfeldy in 1999. The taste of the whisky's under the brand name Aberfeldy are distinguished by an oily, powerful and fruity taste.